65daysofstatic 'We Were Exploding Anyway' vinyl album (180 g) Mono-58VNL
SECOND PRESSING NOW AVAILABLE:
500 copies on 180 g vinyl - 200 black vinyl and 300 cream vinyl with dark blue splatter.
Printed inner jacket. Includes digital download coupon for album and Heavy Sky EP tracks in a choice of formats.
SECOND VINYL PRESSING NOW IN STOCK: 200 black + 300 translucent green with black splatter. Includes digital download coupon for the album in a choice of formats. (PLEASE NOTE: The download the cards contain a printing error. The 6-digit code in the middle of the coupon should be used to replace the last six characters in the download link in order to make it work correctly.)
Features guest vocals from Robert Smith of The Cure on 'Come To Me'
For more information about this release, see:
65daysofstatic – the name still shrouded in inspirational ambiguity, the band still one of the most arresting live acts on the circuit – arrive at album four reborn. Following years of incessant touring, and three albums in as many years, a break in momentum gave them the breathing space necessary to revaluate their artistry, to focus on fresh ambitions and reach for them. From the underground, over; out of the basements and into the light: this is the Sheffield quartet as you’ve never heard them before.
We Were Exploding Anyway is 65days anew. This is not a rock band with a bit of glitch on the side, all guitars with the slightest semblance of high-BPM beat-craft as underlay; it’s a not-so-distant dance party, the purest euphoria as earworms that dig deep and nestle tight. It’s an arms-aloft salute to the thrill of letting yourself go in the tide, and riding that rush ‘til it leaves you breathless but so prepared to go around again.
Were Exploding Anyway is a game-changer from a band that has only ever followed its own rules, and now they’re broken. Don’t pick up the pieces. Leave them. Dance over them. This time, and for all time, and those audiences…
- Mountainhead (WWEA)
- Crash Tactics (WWEA)
- Dance Dance Dance (WWEA)
- Piano Fights (WWEA)
- Weak4 (WWEA)
- Come To Me (WWEA)
- Go Complex (WWEA)
- Debutante (WWEA)
- Tiger Girl (WWEA)
- Tiger Girl (Wishful Thinking Edit) (Heavy Sky EP)
- Sawtooth Rising (Heavy Sky EP)
- The Wrong Shape (Heavy Sky EP)
- PX3 (Heavy Sky EP)
- Pacify (Heavy Sky EP)
- Beats Like A Helix (Heavy Sky EP)
- Guitar Cascades (Heavy Sky EP)
This item isn't currently available.
FIRST PRESSING (SOLD OUT) 500 copies: 300 white, 200 dark blue. All on 180 gm vinyl.
- full colour printed outer sleeve, inner jacket and record labels
- comes with free album CD in colour-printed card wallet (Not a CDR)
- includes digital download coupon for Heavy Sky EP in choice of FLAC or mp3s (or both)
- sticker and badge included while supplies last
- also includes a free A5 poster
- 192 kbps mp3s of We Were Exploding Anyway sent via emailed download link.
- 8 cm vinyl sticker and 25 mm badge also included while supplies last
SECOND PRESSING (2016) 500 copies: 200 on 180 g black vinyl; 300 on cream vinyl with sepia splatter.
- Colour printed inner jacket.
- Includes digital download coupon for album and Heavy Sky EP tracks in a choice of formats
- Please note: this repress does not include a CD or poster.